Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Caleb's girls!



My mother-in-law took Caleb to school yesterday since she had to go in for her radiation treatment. She takes him alot of mornings which I absolutely love since it means not having to get Madison up and dressed. He had a really hard time after being off a week. He didn't really want to go but we got him ready and off they went. When she got home later that morning she was telling me the funniest thing. She was carrying Caleb from the car to the door when all of the sudden he said "Nana put me down I want to walk." She was a little surprised as he always wants her to carry him. He legs mysteriously stop working sometimes :) Anyway she put him down and then was looking around and noticed these twin girls in his class were coming in with their mom. She kinda put 2 and 2 together and figured he didn't want them to see him. When he got home from school I asked him about it and he informed me that he didn't want them to see him being carried b/c he didn't want them to think he was a baby. My little man is already trying to impress the ladies. I thought girls had "cootie" at this age but Caleb either doesn't realize this or he doesn't think that.

After I picked him up from school we ran over to Joann's to return something and ran into his teacher there. She was telling me about another little girl in his class who he likes. She was telling that the week before Spring Break he had come up to her and asked her if she would sit this little girl next to him at lunch. His teacher did then and again yesterday. She said it was so sweet when he asked if he could sit next to this little girl. Obviously my little man can't make up his mind as to which girl he likes so he is just going to like them all! I do approve of all of his choices so far. Luckily I don't think we have to worry to much about this phase of his life for many years which is good b/c I am not ready for that.

1 comments:

April said...

Wow! I thought they were supposed to be just friends all the same at this age. I guess they know the gender differences early, huh?